Was thinking to bake something that day other than cupcakes or butter cake, a real spontaneous thought and I was lucky enough to discover this awesome food blog called 缘心缘品~*六月★空 that comes with a super easy Fatt Go (发糕) recipe! Not really a big fans of Fatt Go but I thought it's nice to make something for my father-in-law, as an appreciation of him looking after us from the heaven.
#1 First attempt, real hideous. Sorry, Baba @.@
#2 The first batch looked like cupcakes...
#3 And second batch looked a little better but still... they're more like over-exploded volcanoes
I'll definitely make this again, on special occasion maybe. Here's the translated recipe (refer to the link above for Chinese version).
Self-rising flour, 250g
Baking soda, 1 tsp
Brown sugar, 150g
Vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp
1) Bring brown sugar & water to boil, then leave until completely cold.
2) Melt butter over hot water.
3) Use a fork to beat the egg and mix in (1), then sieve it.
4) Mix (2) in (3). Slowly add in flour and other ingredients until well blended.
5) Fill paper-lined or buttered muffin cups about 90% full.
6) Steam on high heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
Simple right? Have fun baking (*^____^*)